Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Training....

OK, Fine. I'll write a training blog.

I ride the trainer for intensity workouts, and rollers for recovery days. I watch cycling videos to help prevent myself from gnawing off appendages while spending time on said devices of torture.

The other day while riding rollers, I was following the boys in last years Amstel Gold Race, when the TV Moto setup for an approaching corner.... it's an interesting feeling to be so tuned in, that I felt myself starting to setup for the corner myself.

I've never caught myself doing that on the trainer. It doesn't happen during cyclocross vids, because the Motos don't follow behind the action.

...so rollers really do feel like the real road... maybe a little too much?

Ride safe... inside or out.

4 comments:

  1. so just one day of training?
    xoxo,
    rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yeah! Cycling.tv with the free2view player can get me in a trance too. I once jumped out of the saddle and tried to rock the bike for a sprint finish...oops! No major damage. whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of rollers do you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krietlers... though I learned on a set of Nashbar plastics...

    I have no more details except that I think the drums are 3in in diameter.

    ReplyDelete