Monday, July 13, 2009

More on teamwork... postscript.

Get the blog written first, then catch up on everything else, right?

Today on VeloNews... Will Frishkorn wrote a bit about team work:

These are all roles of the domestique, the category that the vast majority of riders fit into. You’re at a race to do your job. You’re also at a race because it’s what you love to do. The satisfaction of teamwork, is something often misunderstood in our sport. The way that you’ll drive yourself into the ground, knowing that as soon as the throw-down comes, the race will leave you behind. The somehow-fantastic feeling of being fully spent, nothing left to give, that it’s all been left on the road and knowing that all that remains is a crawl to the finish.

I've never been so convinced as I was over this weekend. This was what I wanted to do for the team on Saturday, and felt like I succeeded. It may have been the most PRO I've been in my racing career. I'm looking forward to the next chance I get to do exactly THIS!

Read the whole article... it's well worth the short time spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment