Monday, August 03, 2009

Dog days of summer?

For the first time ever... I was chased by a pack of wild dogs on Friday. Up hill!

Well, fortunately they were not very fit, and the hill wasn't very steep.

I saw the pack of three dogs on the sidewalk to my right... they stopped, and looked at me... then one started to tentatively approach, when I growled at him! URRRRRR. It shocked him(her?) enough to step back in surprise as I passed the pack. Then it decided to follow along.. but not to close. When it growled again, I replied louder and reached for the water bottle... just in case it wanted a little drum stick snack. It was still out of squirt range when it and the two followers wheezed to a stop. I kid you not.

They only ran about 100 meters... fortunately, I didn't have to unleash (HA!) my wicked sprint to out-run them.

Now that July is over, it must be time to start thinking cyclocross!

No comments:

Post a Comment